Wednesday, June 09, 2004

The far right's panties in a twist; film at eleven.

So, conservative bloggers are in a tizzy over Morrissey being an insensitive prick. My response: Yeah, so? This is the man who gleefully sang that the Queen is dead (she isn't), the man who wears black on the outside 'cause black is how he feels on the inside. The man who wore a bouquet of branches and weeds in his back pocket and oscillated wildly at Smiths shows (seriously, I have video to prove it). The man who has a thing for Fatty.

I don't agree with Morrissey's death wish for the President. But I don't agree with him about much else, so I simply do not see the big deal. I just like his music.

On the other hand, Annie made me snort with laughter:

i'm pleased to announce that legislation has just been signed, which will outlaw Morissey forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.
See? I don't agree with her either, but I still like her.