Thursday, November 18, 2004

Christmas Christmas Christmas!

I told Will that I wanted some girly stuff for Christmas. He asked me to be more specific and the best I could come up with (two days later) is that my sneakers come in baby pink. Which is very exciting and I want them but that isn't exactly what I had in mind. I just am not certain what I did have in mind.

He suggested a gift certificate to Origins, which is an idea that I LOVE, but I want stuff, you know? (Note to everyone not my husband: a gift certificate to Origins would be lovely; Sephora will do just as nicely.)

I told him that I could either give him a list of general ideas or a list of specific requests which would mean Christmas was ruined, and he wisely selected the former option. (My god, I am so dramatic.)

Will is a very romantic guy, but not so much with the romantic gestures. I get flowers, because I buy them (though he did bring me plants last Valentine's, which I promptly killed - but not on purpose). I picked out my own engagement ring (though I wouldn't have had it any other way). And, um, don't throw me out of the girls' club, but I don't really like chocolates that much. On the rare occasion that I crave chocolate, I eat semi-sweet chocolate chips from the pantry.

The problem is that I am only girly in theory. I think socks and underwear make great gifts! I like kitchen appliances and would really like a cordless drill! Electronics are so neat! A new bookshelf would make my day! So I'm having a teensy bit of trouble making that list.

I want things that will make me feel sexy.

I want things that will make me feel like a Girl.

I want pink stuff.

I want goodies of a girly nature.

But I also want an official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and a thing that tells time!

Please help.