Thursday, November 18, 2004

I am denying myself pleasure.

Last night, in Whole Foods, I spotted a magazine rack. I grabbed the latest (Holiday!) issue of Martha Stewart Living, clutched it to my chest, and ran to Will. I said, "I have to have this or there will be no Christmas!" He, remarkably, forgave me and bought the magazine.

This morning I had to first go downstairs to see the manager and make sure our rent was paid (after all the bank cock-ups I am not taking any chances) and once that was done I had to play around on the internet for a while. Now (or at least soon) I am going to go downstairs, fix myself a second cup of coffee, and straighten up the house a bit for Friday's dinner guest. I also need to clean up the kitchen, which is rather horrifying, and plan dinner for tonight. Oh, and soak some beans for tomorrow. And I still have not had breakfast. Then I have to take care of at least one load of laundry.

And once I've done ALL that, I will allow myself to read Martha.