Tuesday, November 09, 2004

How you spell your name?

The post title is a question I used to ask everyone when I was (correct me if I'm wrong, Mom) about four years old.

I've noticed that, particularly in his Live Journal, Will tends to refer to me interchangeably as Annika or bettie. Sometimes when he writes "bettie," I raise an eyebrow in a "that's my internet name" sort of way. But the name came before the internet. (Oh, no. That's like saying that I'm older than the mountains, or that Al Gore invented the internet, when everyone knows it was Tipper. God I hate her. What I mean is that he called me bettie before I used the name online.)

As a form of kicking myself in the pants, I submitted a name change to my credit card. They're mailing one in my new name in 1-2 business days. Granted, I am using my maiden name as my middle name, and requested that they spell it out on the card, but I figure this will be a good way to force myself to go to the Social Security office and the Dreaded DMV and change my name there. Which pisses me off, because the lady at the Marriage License window told me that when they send the Certificate, they send paperwork to fill out and then they contact the SSA, but there was nothing in the envelope with the Marriage Certificate and I am not going to sit around and wait for the County Clerk to get off their collective ass and take care of me. I'm a Mrs, damn it. But anyway, if my credit card has my married name on it, I should really get a driver's license to match. And so I shall. Eventually.

Where is my pizza? I call it pizza. And I am hungry.