Friday, November 12, 2004

Light as a feather, stiff as a board.

I have back problems. I have always had back problems. I've had four chiropractors in my life, and need a new one. (My last was the Best Ever, but I am hardly about to travel to Woodstock, NY, every week for an adjustment.)

We've arranged for weekly massages from Meghan, taking turns, but it is sadly not enough.

We have a $1500 mattress and another couple hundred dollars worth of nice bedding and $150 pillows. But I think that the Tempur-Pedic mattress is actually exacerbating the problem, because it conforms to my deformed shape (my hips are so far out of alignment that I think I am an inch shorter than normal). So my body is actually being trained to stay unstraight. Poop.

My muscles are not just tense, but also sore. Last night I took a two hour bath in Epsom Salts, salt butter (which just makes the water soft) and some sort of bath bomb thingy (no, not from Lush) for sore muscles. It helped for about half an hour after I dried off.

I've been in several car accidents in my life. The last, four and a half years ago, pretty much destroyed me. My ribs pop out of place regularly and I have very little strength in my back - though that is my fault for not exercising to strengthen it.

I just needed to complain. Thanks.