Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Lately I have been having strange stomach cramps with increasing frequency. I've been getting the sort of gas that resides high up in (presumably) the intestines and causes great back pain. This seems to be primarily associated with eating rich foods, so I've not been too concerned. This morning, though, I had a horrible cramp for about two minutes, and with it a horrifying thought.

A little known fact about me (because I didn't deem to tell most people about it until now) is that in February of 2002 I had surgery to remove abnormal cells from my cervix. As far as I know, the surgery was successful. But I have not been to a gynecologist since. This is primarily due to the fact that I moved across the country and lost my health insurance within a month of each other (and the surgery). I know that I should have a regular check-up, particularly as a follow-up to the surgery. But with our finances, it feels like I would have to choose between that and the monthly car payment.

If only there were an affordable way for me to get on Will's insurance policy. If only Will hadn't owed the Feds money this April, and I could have used my return for the things I need.

I am 99% certain that my stomach cramps have nothing to do with my girl parts and their health. But that 1% is making me nervous.