Tuesday, January 27, 2004

I've read everything there is on the internet, and now I know all that there is to know.

Well, there might be a few "books" that I should still read. (They still make books, don't they?) For example, I'm sure my collection is missing a Calvin & Hobbes or two. Also, I started reading 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea when I was 13 and still haven't finished. Then again, I don't believe anyone has ever finished that book. (You know what would be great? They should stop making books, so that I can catch up.)

In other news, I watched some crap TV this morning, and I think half of my brain died. This is unfortunate.

I am supposed to roast a chicken this afternoon. That should be fun. ((Damn this text-based communications medium. Imagine that I said that very dryly, as though I were being sarcastic, but with a twinkle in my eye to let you know that I was, in fact, completely serious. I love roasting chickens, I just hate doing things.)

You may have noticed (probably to your relief) that I haven't mentioned much wedding-related stuff lately. This is because Will and I have been total slackers, and haven't done any preparation in weeks. We've agreed to sit down tonight and make a list of everything that needs to be done, as well as a preliminary schedule for doing it. That should be fun. (This time the sarcasm is a little bit more genuine. It isn't that I don't want to plan the wedding, it's that I worry that I will get myself worked up over it and become Evil.)

In movie news, the Golden Globes were handed out on Sunday and today the Academy Award and Rasberry Award nominees were announced. Incidentally, today is also the New Hampshire Primary election. Guess which of the three got the most news coverage in Los Angeles this morning. No, go on - guess. I am mildly disappointed on the Oscar front that Return of the King wasn't nominated for any acting awards, though frankly they'd have had to fill up the entire Supporting Actor category. (Only Miranda Otto qualifies for Supporting Actress in my book. This is not a dig at Liv Tyler, who was wonderful; she merely didn't have enough to do to compete with Miranda.)

And speaking of Liv Tyler, here is your Annika quote of the day (technically from last night): "Don't cry, Liv! When you cry, I cry...and this movie is SHIT!"