Friday, January 30, 2004

Phillip Morris isn't a brand?

I just got off the phone with a gentleman (whose age I'd approximate at 18) conducting a survey about cigarettes. He asked me what brand I smoked and I told him Phillip Morris. When he repeated it several times and there was a long pause, I realized my mistake and said Marlboro. We laughed and laughed. I must admit that I am surprised that the computer system didn't include company names, only brand names. If it had been a drivers survey, and I'd said I drove a Mazda, there wouldn't have been a problem. I wouldn't have had to say "Protege." Right?

I also did my good deed for the day in telling him that the male smoker in the household would not be interested in participating in a survey. I am expecting thank you kisses and maybe a neck rub.