Saturday, March 20, 2004

Countdown...

My sister is arriving at LAX (boy-o, I hope it's LAX, as that is where I will be) in a little more than twelve hours. In the intervening time, I have to sleep, clean the kitchen, do two loads of laundry (well, at least towels, anyway), drink enough coffee to safely get me to the airport and back, possibly eat, and balance the checkbook. We went grocery shopping and although we bought only the basics, I'm just about certain that we've gone over. Damn it. (It should be noted that I am not entirely positive that our idea of "basic" is, in fact, basic.)

Though exhausting, cleaning was fun today. We listened to some great ska and punk music and just really dove in. I've been reorganizing and cleaning all week, so it is really a pretty thorough spring cleaning. I am expecting Ratty to show up any second. (Heh. I wonder what K would think if I called her Ratty all week.)

Darn. I wanted to clean the car before picking her up, but I just don't see that happening. I don't really care about washing the outside, though it should be done, but the inside desperately needs to be de-trashed and vacuumed and maybe have something done about the smell. Possibly an exorcism.

Lest anyone jump to conclusions, I have no illusions that I will fool my sister into thinking that the place is always this clean. Nor am I cleaning it for her, though the overhaul on the office was done to make it habitable, as she will sleep up here. She is just a very handy push toward something I've been meaning to do anyway but was otherwise too lazy to get started on.

I had a post in my head that involved complaints about several things as well as a few people, but I have decided not to bother. I may do it later, though. I am not very predictable.