Wednesday, March 10, 2004

If I wanted to go to a resort, I would call a travel agent.

Our most frequent sales calls are from resorts. Always in San Diego. Always asking me to join them for some grand opening or another and offering me a free stay or complimentary airfare in exchange. There really isn't a convenient time for this sort of call, but I do think dinner time is particularly rude, even if I am not actually eating yet. (As a matter of fact, I haven't even started cooking yet and have no idea what I am going to make, but that does not change my point.) Also, I AM ON THE DO-NOT-CALL LIST!!! Apparently it doesn't count if you aren't actually trying to sell me something. I don't know, maybe it does. I should look into that. I don't even know if the DNC list is active, and if it is I don't know if it is working for us because we rarely ever got anything but calls from these (probably mythical) resorts.

And you know what's really annoying? If there were some way that I could know that it really was free and on the level, I would totally go to a resort. Even if it sucked, it would be free.