Friday, January 21, 2005

I did a Grr! (Sort of.)

I was looking at the Crate & Barrel 2 website. Someone had linked to a particular item and while I was there I was browsing the Sales, because if you can't afford to buy anything, the best thing to do is look at stuff that is closer to your price range but still unaffordable and depress yourself even more. Anyway, all of their Christmas items (excuse me, "holiday") were onsale and I was admiring some ornaments and I started thinking about pretty little snowflake decorations. The ones that are like doilies. And I thought, "I can crochet that!" And I did. I'm making them up (no two alike) and I don't know very many stitches, so I haven't quite gotten any to come out just how I want, but I think they're going to be pretty damn awesome when I'm finished. I'm going to go all 50s housewife and starch them. Um, where do I buy starch? Does it have instructions? Who the hell uses starch? Oh my goodness, what have I gotten myself into?