Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Oblivious, party of two

So I was going through my box of wedding-related crap (to-be-organized, someday), looking for some paperwork for this ridiculous legal thing we have to deal with, and in a pile of cards I found a Best Buy gift card that I have never seen before. It must have fallen out of the card it was in. Luckily, it was still in the little Best Buy sheath, so I was able to determine who it was from (if Sean still reads this, THANK YOU!). Then I called the 800 number to find out how much it's for so I can begin shopping in my head. It's for a hundred smackers! Man, I love getting married. We are thinking of doing it every year. Combined with the leftover balance on the card Will got for his birthday, we have something like $220 to spend. Which is really, really nice. We already plan to buy Deadwood and The Shield (we still have not seen any of the third season!), but otherwise I'm stumped. Half my brain says we ought to catch up on Buffy and Angel, but the other half tells me that free-to-us or not, they are overpriced at Best Buy and we should wait to buy them from Amazon. I really want a scanner or a better printer, but if I get something for the computer it REALLY ought to be more memory. Or an external hard drive. Oops, I just drooled on myself.

So, what should we get? Movies and music are options too, of course.