Monday, May 26, 2003

I was thinking of going a full two weeks without an entry, but then I figured that no one would even be checking in by then. As it is, I hope there are one or two readers still peeking in here occasionally. It has, after all, only been 11 days. (Oh, dude. And about 11 hours. Hee!)

At first I was going to make an entry after Will's father left, detailing the visit, and I started writing it but it turned out to be too personal. Maybe I will post an edited version at some point.

My most recent plan was to make a brilliant entry about the weekend in Vegas. I got as far as planning the first three sentences, which I shall now attempt to recreate for you:

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold traffic began to slow down. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive.... Why aren't these cars moving?" And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred ten miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas.

My cleverness knows no bounds.

So anyway, we went to Vegas and spent a pretty damn fantastic evening with Pat and Stephanie and Becky and some guy with bleached hair who kind of attached himself to us, like a leech, but was kind enough to pay for dinner and a good portion of the beer, so we put up with him. We also spent quite a bit of time talking with Saren and Harper. Saren is still my very favorite person on the planet, but Harper is really moving up in the ranks. Perhaps it's because she's started talking more, but she seems to have miles more personality than last time we saw her, and she had an awful lot then. My favorite thing that she does is this weird shrugging thing that I can't really describe, but I guess Pat and Stephanie will know what I'm talking about. Deciphering her speech could be a full-time job, maybe at the UN (I'm certain that she could devour, conquer, or at least rule one nation, possibly more). My score of the weekend was "boo-uh-uh," which was very obviously "beautiful," but Will couldn't understand. My sister and I both said "boo-fuh-uh" when we were little. Or anyway, one of us did, and I don't remember which.

I have several other things to write about, but I also have a screenplay that is coming along well which I'd like to work on, and several things to read, some of which require feedback, so I'm going to end here.