Thursday, February 05, 2004

I actually said "Welcome to sunny Los Angeles." But that's OK.

Nick Nunziata runs CHUD.com, my favorite movie site. You probably all knew that already, since I link to them about once a week.

The other night I was reading his daily column, "The Steady Leak," which is the new version of his old column, "Piss and Vinegar." He's currently visiting LA from his home in Georgia, hanging out with Guillermo del Toro, who's finishing up Hellboy (my #1 most anticipated movie of the year, followed by Dodgeball). I wasn't tired enough to go to bed, so I sent him a quick email. Er, Nick, not Guillermo. Trust me, if I had Guillermo's email address, I'd probably also have a restraining order against me. It was basically a lame sort of "I love you, I love Guillermo, be my friend" sort of email, and after I wrote it I managed to completely forget that I'd done so.

He printed it in today's column. This isn't anything unusual, as he always prints a few letters, often with hilarious responses, but MAN ALIVE, was his response to me nice. Unfortunately, when he copied & pasted my subject line, he pasted a sentence from a nasty letter he'd printed a few days earlier instead of mine (which you can see above).

All is forgiven, as it is not a big deal AT ALL. I'd say that I plan to attend whatever sort of get-together he plans for Friday, but Will might decide not to marry me if I meet Nick and go to the Dodgeball screening on Sunday.