Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Will and I watched Re-Animator this evening. It was worth it to see Jeffrey Combs so young. As the credits were rolling, Will did the dishes. I was half paying attention when the credit for Intern Production Assistants came up -- and guess whose name was there? Tim fucking Minear. I checked IMDB (unreliable at best), and they have him listed as an Assistant Director. Not bloody likely. Will's going to check the official channels tomorrow.

I don't know if it's because it was made in 1985 or because it was his (Stuart Gordon's) first movie or just because, but I didn't really like it, and it certainly didn't compare to Dagon. Being me, though, at the same time I totally loved it. My exact words when it ended were, "Well, that was craptacular." I meant it in a good way. I think. Anyway, I am seriously considering watching Bride of Re-Animator.